- Ensure that make and gcc compiler are installed. Note that their installation process is distribution-specific.
- Open fresh terminal.
- Retrieve the source code:
wget -O ocng-utils-5.3.tar.gz http://darkswarm.org/sm-bios/ocng-utils-5.3.tar.gz
- Untar the source code:
tar -xzf ocng-utils-5.3.tar.gz
- Build ocng-utils:
make -C ocng-utils-5.3
- If the build completes, install ocng-utils. Make sure to do it as root (on Ubuntu prepend the command line with sudo).
make -C ocng-utils-5.3 install
- If you are upgrading older version of ocng-utils, you're done!
If this is new installation, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that msr module is loaded at boot -- add it to /etc/modules if necessary.
Run the following command line as root (on Ubuntu prepend it with sudo):
sed -ri '/^[[:space:]]*msr[[:space:]]*$/d;$a msr' /etc/modules
Load msr module so ocng-utils are usable right away.
Run the following lines as root (on Ubuntu prepend them with sudo):
OCNG5: Installation of ocng-utils on Linux
To install ocng-utils, follow these steps. They need to be performed only once: